cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec post command

ggagnon
Level 3

Does the post-command have to be a batch file? Can a vbs script be used? If it needs to be a batch file can muliple vbs scripts be called from one batch file? What I want to do is once a backup is complete move those files out of that backup folder. I have a vbs scipt that does that.

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

The below link may help.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH125720

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi ggagnon,

You can use vbscript as a post command. There is no restrictions like psot command should be a batch file. You can also use a batch file which inturn calls other scripts.

Regards..

ggagnon
Level 3

Sorry I haven't gotten back in a while. The vbsscript does not work when configured in the post command. The whole path to the script is entered and the script does work when run by itself.

"Run post command after job verification completes" is the only box checked. I don't have a pre-command and I don't want the post command depending on the pre-command and I don't want the post command to run if the post-command fails.

What account runs this script? The account that runs the jobs is in the local administrators group. The script, the location of the folders that the script moves and Backup Exec are all on the the same server.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

The whole path to the script is entered and the script does work when run by itself.

Do all of the commands within  the script also contain absolute paths?  or is the first commant a PATH= command?

ggagnon
Level 3

This is the script I am trying to have post command run.

dim filesys
set filesys=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
If filesys.FolderExists("r:\Dump\LSDD\") Then
   filesys.MoveFolder "r:\Dump\LSDD\*", "r:\Backedup\LSDD"
End If