cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec stuck every few weeks

Omerino
Level 3
I got a backupexec 2012 installed on server 2008 which is DC&GC. Tge abive is backing up 5 serversv 2 DC's + 1 Exchange 2010 + 2 other servers to network share. All is working fine jobs are finished successfully but every couple of weeks jobs are stuck in queded cant cancel them. I need to restart backupexec services a few times thats the only thing that helps. Need your techinical help. P.s we wont to upgrade to backupexec 15 and move it to a new 2012 server witout lossing database and configration any guide on how to achive that ? Im a newbie with this software.
3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are there any outstanding alerts when the job gets in a "queued" status ?

Check the event viewer as well for any relevant events such as storage device being temporarily offline etc, which can lead the jobs to a queued status.

Lastly, you can upgrade to BE 15 on the same server and then move it to a new Win 2012 server without losing any data. This KB can be followed - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH129826.html

Omerino
Level 3

i'm gettings this error's

Backup Exec Alert: Storage Warning
(Server: "dc2") This computer does not have enough physical memory to support deduplication disk storage.  1.5GB of physical memory is required for each 1TB of deduplication disk storage, with a minimum requirement of 8GB of physical memory.

maybe this is the reason?

the job errors event i get is

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "dc2") (Job: "printsrv2) Backup Policy for Data-6-Incremental -- The job failed with the following error: Unspecified error

Backup Exec Alert: Job Warning
(Server: "dc2") (Job: "printsrv.GG GFS Backup Policy for Data-4-Daily Incremental Backup\\printsrv") The scheduling options selected for this job do not allow it to start later than 19:59:59. It will be considered missed and rescheduled. Check the scheduling options to ensure that they allow enough time for the job to finish running before it is rescheduled.

i get this to all jobs that failed after resatrt the services.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You have 2 different errors. It could be possible the second error is caused by the first one.

As the first one states, you would need enough RAM for configuring the DeDuplication Storage.

The second error occurs since the backup job missed or exceeded its time window. It could be possible that this error occured since the DeDupe storage was not available and hence the backup could not run. Have a look @ this article - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH185853.html