cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup schedule and success reports

pn153
Level 4

Where within backup exec can you see when a backup of a specific server is scheduled to run, and also a history report from the past 4 weeks to see how many backups ran successfully/failed for a specific server.

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...there would be a canned report that might contain this level or detail.

Otherwise, BE offers the capability to create a customised report, so look at that too.

Thanks!

pn153
Level 4

What is the name of the canned report(s) presumably its 2 as its 2 different issues (schedule and history success)  in BE 2012? And how do you get to the reports?

pn153
Level 4

Can anyone answer the question? Is there a default report which can do this, if so what is it called?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you had a look @ the default reports (and their descriptions) under the "Reports" tab ?

Additionally, when creating a custom report, use the Job History and the Job group. That should pretty much give you desired results.

pn153
Level 4

No unfortunately not, as I dont currently have access to BE to do this myself (will be asking an admin to run this on my behalf). if you can see the descriptions, can you elaborate which (name of) default report gives me the ifnromation i am after?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Are you the same user, pn153, who started this discussion?

pn153
Level 4

Yes didnt realise I had 2 user account

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Use this account and send a. PM to a forum admin to delete the other id

SSR_7767
Level 4

There is no need to run a report for this information if you are using Backup Exec 2012 or Backup Exec 2014.

Just double click on the concerned server from "Backup & Restore" tab. You should be able to see the schedule and also the job history.