cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup to disk folders

Mike_M_2
Not applicable
I recently upgraded from BE10 to BE11. In version 10 I was able to easily use my backup to disk folders to backup any information, especially my First Storage Group so I can retrieve individual email accounts. Now, no matter what ive tried, I cant get anything to backup to my attached storage drives or to a shared folder on a server using a UNC path.

Error I get:
FSG Backup -- The job failed with the following error: This operation requires a backup-to-disk folder on a local NTFS volume on the media server. Check the job log for details.
Job ended: Friday, December 15, 2006 at 9:26:36 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0001200 - This operation requires a backup-to-disk folder on a local NTFS volume on the media server. Check the job log for details.
Final error category: Resource Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-4608

The resource link has been useless. Anyone have any clue how to fix this?
Mike
2 REPLIES 2

Martin_Schenk
Level 2
Hi Mike,

I am encountering exactly the same issue, when I try to backup my Exchange Information Store to my Backup-To-Disk-Folder on a NAS, I get an error message saying that the Backup can only be written to a local NTFS partition. I also opened a thread on this, but there was no answer.
I suspect this to be a license issue. There is a so-called "Advanced Disk-Based Backup Option" which delivers an option that, if enabled, writes the backup to the NAS without complaint. I only had this option in the evaluation version, as soon as I entered my license key, the ADBO disappeared and now I get the error message whenever I try to backup my Exchange Information Store. Though backing up the filesystem to NAS works. I have no experience with 10d, but it would be a brashness if one would have to buy an extra license for this to work in 11d.
One additional note: I don't know if I remember correctly, but I think I was not able to restore individual mailboxes or single mails when I wrote the IS backup to NAS.

Any suggestions? Maybe it isn't a license issue? Help. Please. Thanks.

Regards,
Martin

UPDATE: I just found my old thread on this and finally got an answer there. Obviously, it is technically impossible to store a Granular Restore Technology - enabled backup to a Backup-To-Disk-Folder that is not on a local NTFS partition - for some reason. The article that was referred to suggests deactivating the Granular Restore feature.Message was edited by:
Martin Schenk

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Please check out the following document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/286216