cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backupexec errors

carolin
Level 4

Hi

I configured a job in backupexec to backup a SharePoint server. However I keep getting the following errors:

V-79-57344-65033-Directory not found. cannot backup directory \b1b29026129a5006cd34 and its subdirectories.

V-79-57344-65033  - Directory not found.cannot backup directory \config.msi and its subdirectories

V-79-57344-65033   - Directory not found. cannot backup directory \recycler and its subdirectories.

an unknown or unexpected database error occurred while attempting a DBCC.

DBCC results for 'SharedServices1_Search_DB_a2cb1fa3-ade7-4039-bc77-2617e88e3d92'

File \\w2008server.domain.com\C:\\hiberfil.sys is in the backup selection list but was not found.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Carolin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Carolin,

Open your selection list and reselect the drive/volume that those missing files and folders are showing up as not present.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

Hi Carolin,

Open your selection list and reselect the drive/volume that those missing files and folders are showing up as not present.

Thanks!

SysCorpTech
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

Greetings,

In addition to the previous best next steps to follow, give consideration to the following questions should the matter not be resolved as of my comment.

Is this the first time you've experienced this challenge?

In the past have you just opted to recreate new backup jobs every time?

Do you also get the "Cannot Open...Skipped" message?

Is your AOFO current or has it expired?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you trying to backup your Sharepoint server by backing it up as if it is a file server?  If so, you should not do so.  You should use the BE Sharepoint agent.  If your version of Sharepoint is not supported by your version of BE, then you would need to upgrade it.  Check the SCL below

Backup Exec 11d Software (SCL)

carolin
Level 4

Hi,

I opened my selection list and reselected files/folders. We are using the BE SQL agent, I reselected the SQL databases in SharePoint. However I am getting this message now" e0008443- one or more SQL database consistency checks have failed. refer to link V-79-57344-33859"

Thanks

CraigV

...it's advisable to use the Sharepoint agent, and not the SQL agent when backing up Sharepoint DBs...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

A sharepoint farm comprises a couple of databases.  If you backup the databases individually using the SQL agent, you might find that when you restore the databases, the sharepoint farm is inconsistent.  This is why you need the sharepoint agent which backs up the sharepoint farm as a logical whole.