cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backupexec restores duplicate e-mail

Lucibergh
Level 3
Partner Accredited
help me, I am using backup exec 11.r, granular restore of exchange. to do to restore full backups + incremetal duplicate messages that are selected in general settings the option "skip if the file exist." is there any setting for this, restore the e-mail without getting duplicates in the User box?
6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
That setting should actually do it. If it's not working, look at updating your installation with the latest service pack and see if that helps.

Lucibergh
Level 3
Partner Accredited
ok! I'm installing the service pack. There is another setting for not duplicating messages?

CraigV
On your Restore job, go into Microsoft Exchange, and then make sure the following option is ticked:

"When restoring individual mail messages and folders, restore over existing messages and folders.

Explanation from Symantec:
Check When restoring individual mail messages and folders, restore over existing messages and folders to replace an existing item with the message or folder. Check this when you are restoring from a continuous protection recovery point backup or from a backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT). A new object ID is not created for the message or folder; only the contents and properties are replaced.

If this check box is not checked, or if the original message or folder does not exist, then the message or folder is recreated as a new message or folder.

If this check box is not checked and if the original message or folder does exist, then the message or folder is skipped.

So if the email exists, it won't duplicate it. If it doesn't,m it will be created as a new message.
This is to e used when doing a GRT restore/backup.
Hope it helps?

Lucibergh
Level 3
Partner Accredited
thanks! I will perform test restore again. I select the option suggested, thank you!

CraigV
Let me know if this was the solution then. Good luck!

CraigV
Any news on this?