cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backupexec

muhammad020
Level 2

Backup Exec:

Can backup exec supports below features? 

backup restoration support on VMware Servers.

backup restoration support on Data Storages.

backup restoration support on VDI Workstations.

backup restoration support on disaster recovery.

backup restoration support on horizon view Server

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@muhammad020

I have moved your post to the appropriate Backup Exec forum.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Not sure what you mean by Data Storages - so you almost certainly need to be more specific about what you mean

I believe Horizon View and VDI are related to each other (and we do not support VDI for backup and restore) - but in reality when using VDI, key user data should not be stored inside the VDI system itself but on a server, and the whole idea is that provisioning of the VDI is quick so you would just re-provision when needed and backup the data owning servers with BE.

BE can support backups of VMs inside a correctly licensed ESXi environment. BE does not backup the ESXi host itself. The ability to backup Virtual Machines also includes GRT capability to restore single files or Exchange e-mail content etc from within a VM without restoring the whole VM (do some searching on Backup Exec GRT capability within VMare to find out more about this)

We also do have a DR capability to recover a complete server OS if needed. (Please do some research on Backup Exec SDR to find out more about this.) - note: SDR applies to physical servers being backed up and restored, if you backup a complete VM using the appropriate agent then SDR does not as such apply as the DR of a VM is just restore the VM itself.

Thank you, @Marianne –

I received the orginal prompt to view the post, logged-in with the intention of moving it to guarantee it met the right eyes, and then: it's there!

Your attention and dedication is appreciated, through and through – thank you.

Kindly – Alexandra Matthiesen, VOX Community Manager

Hello, @muhammad020 –

Could you please provide @Colin_Weaver@Marianne, and me additional information in regard to your meaning of Data Storages? 

I want to ensure we provide the clearest, most helpful answer possible!

(And Colin, thank you for your engaged, informative response – it is appreciated immensely.)

Kindly – Alexandra Matthiesen, VOX Community Manager