cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

./beremote: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5:

linux_11d
Level 3
I am trying to run beremote (11d) on Linux.

Linux version:
2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:32:02 EDT 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux.

My compiler gcc version is

Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/3.4.6/specs
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-java-awt=gtk --host=x86_64-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-3)

When I try to run beremote I get following error:

./beremote: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have this file in the directories mentioned as part of RPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH too.

Is there any workaround or solution to this problem?
5 REPLIES 5

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
Hi,

I'd like to see if this is due to the library or something with the application. Would you be able to download that library (make sure it's for your version of RedHat) and try and rpm that into the system. I want to see if adding that library in actually works or fails. It might even be better to remove that rpm first and then reinstall it, assuming there are no other apps that have dependencies on it.

Let me know what happens with that test.

Thanks.

linux_11d
Level 3
Sandy,

I think I realized my mistake. Earlier, I had installed 64-bit version of stdc++.so.5. beremote needed 32-bit versions.

thanks

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
I just wanted to add one more note. You can install RALUS in 64-bit mode. In fact, I would highly recommend that as opposed to a 32-bit version which you will see issues with. On the RALUS CD, you'll notice a RALUS64 folder. Use the files in that to do the install....all of this I'm saying with the assumption that you're linux box is 64-bit.

Thanks.

linux_11d
Level 3
I have download the binaries from website. I did not see a 64-bit choice for Linux.

Is there anyway I can get 64-bit RHEL4 Rehat 4 binary version?

Appreciate your help.

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
They're in that file you downloaded. If you untar the file, you'll see a folder called RALUS64. Go into that folder, and then run the install the same way you do normally. Make sure you uninstall the old one first.

Thanks.