cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beremote.exe crash on media server

PeterGust
Level 4

Hi

When I try to create a new backup job or Selection list the "Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems" service on my media server
crash with this message "Faulting application beremote.exe, version 13.0.4164.109, time stamp 0x4cffac43, faulting module MSVCP80.dll"

I have tried to disabled Antivirus program (SEP 12.1).

Backup Exec 2010 R2 SP1 + Hotfix 150096 (rev. 4164)

//Peter
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Peter,

If you can, I'd suggest moving on to BE 2010 R3 with SP2, and any additional updates. You will need to push-install these updates to your remote servers. You can use the same license keys as you're currently using.

See if this resolves it. If you can't, then remove the RAWS agent, and push-install it again to the affected server. Once done, make sure it's publishing correctly to the media server, either via name or IP address.

Also make sure that port 10000 is open on any firewall between the remote server and the media server.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer to below thread, OP was facing similar issue.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backupexec-201-r2-not-working-all

PeterGust
Level 4

Thanks, I have read that and the solution is deleting LostAndFoundConfig content.
But we don't use Exchange and LostAndFoundConfig is empty.

//Peter

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Peter,

If you can, I'd suggest moving on to BE 2010 R3 with SP2, and any additional updates. You will need to push-install these updates to your remote servers. You can use the same license keys as you're currently using.

See if this resolves it. If you can't, then remove the RAWS agent, and push-install it again to the affected server. Once done, make sure it's publishing correctly to the media server, either via name or IP address.

Also make sure that port 10000 is open on any firewall between the remote server and the media server.

Thanks!

Gozzo
Level 1

We have had a prolonged case open with support regarding this which has now been fixed. 

"We received response from our engineering team and they noticed that the crash is occurring due to the publishing activity from exchange mailbox nodes. These are nodes are part of  a cluster. 
These remote agent version on these nodes are not updated and they are still running older version of remote agent. Can you check and update the remote agent on these nodes? After updating the nodes if the issue persists then we need to remove these servers entry from Backup Exec (database as well) and then add them back."

These servers had been connected to previous itteration of backup exec and had been retained within the database even though they were no longer in any job selection list, and as such we "quasi-orphaned" objects in the database. Removing the agents from these machines (These machines we legacy devices from a pre-merger environment) resolved our issues