cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beserver.exe hogging >70% cpu, can't connect to media server

Level 2
backup exec v9.1 - beserver.exe is comsuming around 70% of my CPU, cannot connect to media server and jobs are not running. All notifications stopped being sent and I have since discovered this is due to the clock change in the UK and is a known issue. Was going back through my jobs re-enabling the notifications on each one and then backup exec locked up and began hogging the CPU. I'm aware of an issue with SMTP notifications but I cannot connect at all to the media server to disable them. I've tried numerous reboots and service restarts but I'm still unable to connect and I'm out of ideas.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

You can refer to the following technote.

Backup Exec 9.x Simple Mail Transfer Protocol notifications with large job log attachments may spike CPU utilization to 100%.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/262984

Kindly revert if you have further queries.

Regards.

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Level 2
thanks, I'd tried that but was unable to connect at all to even get access to this. Eventually had to drop the database and retore from base using beutility.exe and recreate all jobs.