cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bexec 2010 sp1 appears to work fine on 2012 (pre R2)

basilwt
Level 3

Hi All,

sorry if this is a silly question, but we have bexec 2010 running on a 2012 system, and it works. I thought that its not supposed to work on a 2012 box? The SCL states that one cant install a media server on 2012, and that is a limitation of 2010 R3 , which we are not even running ,its plain old 2010 sp1.

I see in services that the bexecdevicemediaservice is running, and backups to the SAS LTO library work wihtout issue. I havent tested a restore yet but will do that still.

If I click on licensing, I see I have Managed Media Server Licensed, but not installed - so I am a little confused as I thought you needed the media server for bexec to run. We have a bunch of other servers but no agents or anything related to symantec installed on them. Under Licensing Bexec Server is licensed an d installed, and some other options as well.

How is it that this is working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When you run an unsupported configuration like yours and it works, you are lucky. However, you don't know when things are going to break. You might find yourself in a situation where you are unable to recover your server. With an unsupported configuration, you will not be able to get help from Symantec

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When you run an unsupported configuration like yours and it works, you are lucky. However, you don't know when things are going to break. You might find yourself in a situation where you are unable to recover your server. With an unsupported configuration, you will not be able to get help from Symantec