cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bkupexec.exe application error

epsone
Level 4

Good Day ,

I used three years ago Symatec backup exec 2010 R3 just in this three last days I had one problem and it's realy strange , the service is running an d I recive by email notification that the backup is done , but when I need to open the application give this message error:

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). click OK to stop the implementation .

I will be thakful if you can help me .

Many Thanks

Regards

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried a repair install of Backup Exec or .Netframework ?

epsone
Level 4

yes I start the installation  to repair but in the beginning of installation the page of symantec disappear.

many Thanks

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

From Add\Remove programs try repairing .Netframework.

epsone
Level 4

I did but stay the same error , I tried also for Symantec Backup EXEC to repiar from ADD/Remove Program but give me nothing , Ican't repair from ADD/Remove Program

regards

epsone
Level 4

Good day

Can somone help me please I m blocked , I will be thankful if you can advice me

many Thanks

Regards

Carlos_Quiroga
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Dear Sir:

Providing that you cannot come up with a simpler or faster solution such reinstalling the NET Framework or any other faulting components of the program, and also if repairing doe not work, let me suggest to you this workaround:

(If you are using a Deduplication Folder or have implemented the CASO or SSO options, please do not do this).

You will need to have the installed CD or files for BE version 2010 R3. 

1. Stop the Backup Exec services and make a copy of the Data and Catalogs directories located in the program folder at \program files\symantec\backup exec.

2. With Add Remove Programs on Windows remove the program COMPLETELY, including associated files.

3. After removingg the program, make sure that there are no files in the disk drive related to Backup Exec.

4.  Reboot.

5. Install Backup Exec fresh. Use the same System Logon Account that was configured in the old installation.

6. Stop the Services, and rename the DATA folder to DATANEW and the CATALOGS folder to CATALOGSNEW.

7. Bring to the program folder the DATA and CATALOGS folders that you backed up in Step 1.

8. Start the services and BE should behave as when it was previously installed.

Regards,