cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpbakcup.exe Error Status 23

tribina
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue I'm having with backups initiated with bpbackup.exe.  We migrated the application and backup scripts from a Windows 2003 SP1 server to a new box with Windows 2003 SP2.  The Netbackup version stayed the same 5.1MP3.

The script initiates the user backup Whit bpbackup.exe then waits for the backup to complete.  The command line includes the -w switch.

On the previous box this ran fine, since we've migrated the bpbackup.exe process ends before the backup is complete which causes the script to fail.  The script depends on bpbackup.exe to return once the backup is complete, so it can report success/failure.

The error returned from bpbackup.exe is "EXIT STATUS 23: socket read failed"  We get this error exactly two hours after the backup was initiated. 

Unfortunately, I don't have access to back end netbackup infrastructure only the client.  The folks that support the back end can only tell me that the backups partially succeed, and no reason why I get the other error.

Has anyone experienced similar behaviour, and resolved it?

3 REPLIES 3

schmaustech
Level 5

Check your forward and reverse DNS resolution of the client on the master.

Regards,

Benjamin Schmaus

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6

Hi,

Check the status of the NetBackup Client Service;
it must be running in order to start a backup.

Stumpr2
Level 6

"We migrated the application and backup scripts "

Did you change the servername or IP address? If yes then check the content of the scripts as well as name resolution issues.