cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant install remote agent on remote computer - access denied BE 12.5

jdeitel
Level 3
All,

I am having issues when attempting to install backup remote agent on a remote computer within my network. I keep getting the access denied error.

I am using a network account that I've added to the Administrators group for the computer. What gives? I've also attempted to use a local admin account and that gives me an access denied error as well.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
not really an solution, more a work-around, but have you tried a silent/local install on the remote server?

jdeitel
Level 3

I have not tried that work around at this point. I will have to update this post after I do so. Very interesting situation, probably doesnt even warrant a topic on this forum but just incase....

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I had a similar error once.  Somehow my install process cannot delete the temporary directory that was created by itself, but the install actually went through.

Check the C: drive on the target system and see whether there is a shared directory with a long random string as a name.  If there is, just unshare and delete it.

On the remote computer, check that the BE remote agent is listed under the Add/Remove programs and the BE remote agent service is working.  If these are o.k., then your install is actually o.k.

alexanderg
Not applicable
Well, my situation is somewhat similar. I have BE v.10 (I know, I know) and everything has been working fine until we got a new Fax Server running Windows Server 2008.  I tried to push the agent but the error I got said access denied.  That was with my service account, the I tried the domain admin account and got the same error.  I tried running the install locally from the Windows 2008 machine and got a compatibility warning.  I checked the Event Viewer and it was clear my version of Agent was not compatible with the new server OS. 

Is there a way that I could get a more uptodate version of the Agent only?  My understanding is that you "should" keep the backup software and the agent at the same version, but I was curious to know (being that the funds are not quite there for a full upgrade) if there was a "patch" for now that would allow me to get this server backed up without the major expense of an upgrade.

Whatever input you may have will be greatly appreciated.

ag: