cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change an already assigned tape library slot to another partition

Marcopolo
Level 6

I need to change a slot that is already assigned to a partition to another partition that requires a additional tape. Is this possible?

E.g I have four partitions MSL2014 (0001-0008), MSL2014 (0009-0012)....I want to move slot 0009 under the first partition so it's 0001-0009

The 0009-0012 partition has more than enough tape space to cater for the job it runs

I've had a look around and cannot see how to do this and the discussions I have found talk about creating new partitions and editing the existing jobs to use them, surely it's not that complicated?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marcopolo
Level 6

Ok, sorted it, after you select configure partition, select a partition and press move up/down as appropriate which will move the slot into another partition.

In our case we did not need to amend the job device setup because we're not changing pool name.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have a look at this KB article - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO22768.html

RogerR
Level 3
Employee

BE15 - If you go to the the device tab / configure storage / Tape storage / configure robotic library partitions /

You have the option to remove or reconfigure the partitions.

However please read the link posted by VJWare as it explains what happens to the jobs or if you need to do any action post reconfiguration.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You could have avoided all these problems by not using partitions. If you set up your media sets correctly, there is no need for partitions

Marcopolo
Level 6

Thanks, I'll take a look. I did view the devices > configure partitions but I could see no way of moving a slot to another section. If I clicked on a slot for the first partition 001-006 it just created another partition, if I clicked on 009 which was in another partition, nothing happen. No logic I could see so that link above was not helpful!

Pkh, I inherited this setup so as such did none of the configuration and having to reverse engineer how it's put together!

Marcopolo
Level 6

Ok, sorted it, after you select configure partition, select a partition and press move up/down as appropriate which will move the slot into another partition.

In our case we did not need to amend the job device setup because we're not changing pool name.