cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect 2 tape library (Sun Storedge L20)

KeithLim
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

To all,

Wish to know if it is possible to connect 2 physical tape library to 1 Server and backup exec can run 2 jobs simultaneously with each of the tape library attached? Reason being is my backup windows is increasing and by connecting 2 tape library (each with only 1 drive) i can run those jobs together. Please help !!, thanks

If it is possible, do i need to purchase additional backup exec license?

regards,
Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes again.  Once the two tape drives are recognised, BE would be able to run 2 jobs simultaneously.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes. You can do what you want to do, but you would need to buy a Library Expansion Option license to support the 2nd drive.

teiva-boy
Level 6
 pkh has go it.

You get one drive license when you buy the BE media server license, and since you are adding another drive, you need just one more license.  Contact your software reseller for a quote.

This way you can now create a drive pool, and point your jobs to the pool, rather than individual drives.  BE will then just use the free and available drive as needed.

KeithLim
Level 3
TQ very much for the response, after getting the license, backup exec will detect 2 tape libraries? my ultimate goal is to shorten the backup windows, by utilizing each drive in L20, i would like the jobs to split to 2 drives in 2 different tape libraries simultaneously.

once again, thanks.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes again.  Once the two tape drives are recognised, BE would be able to run 2 jobs simultaneously.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Keith,

I don't understand why you marked telva-boy's answer as the solution.  I provided you with what you are looking for and he is just paraphasing my answer.  Look at his answer, he agreed with me. 

KeithLim
Level 3
Hi pkh,

sry i din c the name, u r the 1 suppose to solve this, can i remark again? sry.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Keith,

Thanks.