cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control files that has been backup successfully is not visible on restore selection

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited
control files that has been backup successfully is not visible on restore selection.Could anyone help me on this?

thanks in advance!
9 REPLIES 9

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Might help if we new what application the control files relate to - as you may be running into an active file exclusion against something that is usually protected by an agent.

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited
oracle

Colin_Weaver

Ok and is the Backup Exec Oracle Agent enabled in the environment?
And is it Oracle on Linux or Oracle on Windows?

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited
yes oacle agent is enable on the enviroment running on windows 2003 sp2 enterprise.

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited
I have raised this concern to symantec technical support but no to avail

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited
This concen has been endorsed to advanced team of symantec technical support by first symantec technical support.

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Currently advanced team will continue to troubleshoot the issue. I will post the solution here once resolve for our community to have a reference.

thanks

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited

But if anyone can provide any suggestion I can do so

thanks in advance

Colin_Weaver
If you look at this TN

http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/326534

It looks like the Oracle Aganet wil backup the control files when you select the oracle databases.

If you are trying to select the Oracle control files for a flat file backup I suspect you might be running into an "Active File Exclusion"  because the files are meant to be backed up using the agent (and therefor using Oracle RMAN)

As such:
1) Do your backup logs show anything similar to what is shown in the above TN
2) Do your restore selections for the Oracle section (not the file system section) show the control files.