cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crashed test backup exec server

M11
Level 2

Hello,

I am trying out backup exec, but the server I first installed it on crashed after a few days (hard drive). I had used it to make a couple of test backups from my vCenter. After the hardware crash on my test server, I moved to a different server for my evaluation. When I add my vCenter in the new install I get an orange message by it that says "Trust relationship not established." If I right click it and choose Establish Trust, I get a message "Exception. Cannot establish trust for 192.168.0.100. Unable to fetch certifiate."

I have went through my vCenter, but am not seeing any issues there. The test server and vCenter are on the same physicaly network and subnet - no firewalls or routers.  

What do I need to do to fix the issue?

(Edit: Add screenshots of issue)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

M11
Level 2

I solved my issue.  If anybody else runs into this issue, my fix was to turn off my proxy in Internet Explorer.  I had a proxy configuration set up in Internet Explorer to download updates.  The proxy server does not have access to the virtual environment.  After I turned off the proxy settings, I was able to establish the trust.

This can be closed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

M11
Level 2

I solved my issue.  If anybody else runs into this issue, my fix was to turn off my proxy in Internet Explorer.  I had a proxy configuration set up in Internet Explorer to download updates.  The proxy server does not have access to the virtual environment.  After I turned off the proxy settings, I was able to establish the trust.

This can be closed.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Nice catch - out of interest were you able to turn your default, Internet Explorer, proxy settings back on after the trust was setup and still run VMware backups sucessfully, or did you have to leave the proxy settings disabled?

I have to leave it off.  Otherwise the backups look like they are going to run (I can select which VMs I want to back up, and it starts), but after awhile they fail with a message that they can't copy the hard drive files.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As proxy server configurations allow you to exclude (add exceptions) for specific addresses that should not use the proxy, do you happen to know if it makes a difference if you add the IP address, FQDN and hostname of your ESXi hosts systems into the exceptions?

Just a thought, that might help.