cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a new bedb_dat.mdf in case of damage?

vasquez_bln
Level 3
Partner

Hello forum members.

Can I create a "new bedb_dat.mdf" in case of damage? (BE 12.5)

I tried to repair with BEUTILITY.exe but this will not work.

BE is not starting, services are down. dbrecover.log shows up many tries, but cannot repair (often Execute command failed: 0x80004005)

Thanx for a hint

Eugen

22 REPLIES 22

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I think you're left with 1 of 2 options:

1. Try running a repair of BE through Add/Remove Programs.

2. Reinstall the application (uninstall/reinstall. Recreate jobs from scratch and recatalog your media!)

Whatever was done or happened seems to have really messed things up.

ATowstonog
Level 3
Partner

I have just installed this product, and after I reboot server, BE said that some services didn't start. When I try to start them manually, I get an error:

Configuration:

server_name_2: SQL SERVER 2008

server_name_3: Backup Exec 2012

And one more: BEDB.mdf was not attached to my SQL server by default. I try to attach it manualy, but there are a few errors in process(log in attached file).

Could somebody explain me how to make it work?

vasquez_bln
Level 3
Partner

After complete deinstallation and a failed reinstallation I receive following UMIs

V-225-226

V-225-53

After deinstallation of every SQL service (even Sharepoint) and installing SQL Server Express SP2 via control center there finally stays the problem V-225-53.

I followed up this problem though various logs and web documents and found finaly the source of the problem with Named Pipes Provider. The information is: If the Named Pipes Provider services are not enabled or in the wrong order this problem appears. But so far I understand the services are enabled and in correct order:

shared memory 1 Enbled
TCP/IP             2 Enabled
named Pipes    3 Enabled
VIA                     Disabled

Any ideas?