cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dmp files is too large

ares495
Level 2

Hello.

It is possible to limit size of dmp files in ...\Symantec\Backup Exec\BEDBG ?

When the free disk space comes to an end, after his release files of dmp by weight on 2-5gb, sometimes several files are created.

As I have understood, in dmp it is written repeatedly:

Program name: beserver.exe
Faulting module: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault offset: 0x1a06d
Fault code: 0xe0434352
Dump origin: MANAGED_CODE
Additional info: System%2eOutOfMemoryException%3a%20

Can it be limited?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

.DMP filws are written when a process crashes - so should not happen all of the time,  as such you should try to work on the crash problem (possibly with a formal support case)

You can use the options on the BEDBG.EXE (command Line) program to change the output path to a different location and to set it to use mini dumps (and possibly to keep less than 10 crash dumps overall).  However:

1) I am not sure if this command line tool  also has options to restrict the size other than differences between mini and full dumps

2) If you are working with a formal support case and we need data for engineering level analysis we usually need a full dump.

At present we has no formal support. Whether it is possible just to off-line service «Backup Exec Error Recording Service» whether there will be it painless?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

We do not test with that service disabled so cannot answer that

Also even if you can disable the service, the root cause of process instability being captured is still ongoing and could be causing other problems

If you have not installed BE 16 FP1 already then I'd suggest you start with that

Oh and if you bought BE 16 during the last year, in most countries support for 1 year would have been included