cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate backup sets job stuck on loading media

dhansen10
Level 3

I have a CASO/MMS environment and after my upgrade to SP3 for 2010R3 one of the duplicate backup jobs is stuck in loading media now for 8+ hrs.  Any idea on what's going on?  This always worked when I was using SP2.

12 REPLIES 12

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Can you confirm that the tape is in the drive ?? 

Additionally are all other duplicate jobs working without issue?

how long ago did you perform the upgrade?

dhansen10
Level 3

Sorry, I should have mentioned that these are dedup jobs.  Yes, jobs from other sites within the CASO/MMS environments run just fine.

Herbert_van_der
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Have you tried making a backup to the seccond dedupe device directly without a duplication?

dhansen10
Level 3

I have not tried that, but I let the job be and after about 18 hours it finally started it's opt-dup.  The bad thing is out of the eight or so I run in a weekend from my various branch offices I still have five running from the weekend.  After applying SP3 I went from a reliable functioning CASO/MMS environment to hell in a handbasket.  Officially count me as a user who has had major issues with this service pack.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Dhansen10, 

I would suggest logging a formal support case so that the issue can be more accurately troubleshot

dhansen10
Level 3

So I opened a case on this, went through troubleshooting with a tech who was going to escalate.  It's a week later and I have not heard anything back on the case.  Are others getting treated like this?  Symantec suggests that their support is so much more dedicated, but I haven't experienced it yet.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

dhansen10

would you please DM me the case number so that i can look into it and see exactly where you are in your troubleshooting 

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Dhansen10, 

I just touched base with the Technician that has taken ownership of your case. He is an awesome technician and an absolute DEDUPE monster... I know him personally "You are in great hands". He will be contacting you shortly... 

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Dhansen10, 

Just checkin in with you... Were you able to begin troubleshooting with Justin?? How is the case progressing ??

dhansen10
Level 3

We've started troubleshooting.  Thanks for getting me in touch with the tech.

dhansen10
Level 3

Well, it's been a week since I've last had contact with my technician.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Give me just a sec Dhansen... I chat with him and see where you at in the T/S process