cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplication vers support LTO : pourquoi attente de support

christopher_cc5
Level 2

Bonjour,

Je m'interroge sur les périodes d'ajout/écrasement des supports (K7 LTO-4)

Explication :

------------------------------------------

D'abord je sauvegarde mes données sur disques durs sur le serveur où est installé BE2012.
Jusque là c'est bon.

-------------------------------------------

Ensuite je duplique manuellement des jeux de sauvegarde vers des K7 LTo-4. Pour cela j'ai défini des jeux de médias
avec périodes de protection contre l'écrasement et période d'ajout.

Par exemple : Protection contre l'écrasement pendant 4 mois et ajout possible pendant 2 semaines.

En ce moment je duplique des sauvegardes de disque dur vers ce jeu de média (4 mois / 2 semaines), il y a 3 k7s dans le robot de sauvegarde (toutes
associées à ce jeu de média) :
- une est pleine donc Non disponible pour l'ajout (média plein) et protégée contre l'écrasement jusqu' en juin 2013.
- les deux autres cumulent 300 Go de d'espace libre : période d'ajout jusqu'à mi mars environ ( on est à ce jour le 28 février) et protéger contre l'écrasement jusqu' en juin 2013.

Hé ba non, Backup exec ne veut pas de ces 2 K7 et ne continue pas la duplication, il attend que je lui donne un support écrasable pour poursuivre la duplication.

Ou est le problème, surtout que dans les options du travail de duplication, j'ai indiqué : "Ajouter au média, écraser sui aucun média n'est disponible pour l'ajout", or là 2 média n'attendent que ça (pour l'ajout).

Info : dans "configurations et paramètres", "Paramètres de BE", "Stockage", le niveau de protection contre l'écrasement des média ests ur "Partielle - Ne protége que les médias alloués".

Là je ne vois pas pourquoi BE veut absolument écraser. Quelqu'un aurait il une piste ? Une info ?

Merci.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

i must insert an overwritable tape in backup robot and i don't understand why.

This is the way BE is designed.  It can only append to the first tape which it already has done.  To continue the job, it needs an overwritable tape.  BE CANNOT append to a second tape or third tape, even if they are appendable.

Append to tape 1 - o.k.

Append to tape 2 - not possible, even if there are appendable tapes available.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I am using Google translation so I may not understand your problem correct.

Do you want the duplicate job to append to 2 appendable (half-full) tapes?  This is not possible.  BE will only append to the first tape.  When the first tape is full, the second and subsequent tapes have to be overwritable tapes.  BE will not append to 2 or more tapes.

christopher_cc5
Level 2

Hello, thanks for you response.

I think you understood. I will translate fore more precisely

My backup set is the following : protection against overwrite  for 4 month and add for 2 week.

Yesterday i launched a duplicate job; 3 tapes were available (half-full).

- BE added data to the firs tape. Today impossible to add or overwrite because it is full and protect against overwrite to June 2013 ( for it i understand perfectly). then :

- BE waits : i must insert an overwritable tape in backup robot and i don't understand why.  Because 2 half-full tapes are available in robot with this backup set : available for add data to end of March and protect against overwrite to June 2013.(for these 2 tapes i don't understand)

=>

Before to launch the job (in option) I did not tell to BE to overwrite but add data on tapes. So the first tape where BE did the duplication was half-full and had the same backup set the 2 others. AT that time BE added data without overwrite data.

Why BE cannot continue the job ? The 2 tapes have free space to store the duplicate data.

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

i must insert an overwritable tape in backup robot and i don't understand why.

This is the way BE is designed.  It can only append to the first tape which it already has done.  To continue the job, it needs an overwritable tape.  BE CANNOT append to a second tape or third tape, even if they are appendable.

Append to tape 1 - o.k.

Append to tape 2 - not possible, even if there are appendable tapes available.

christopher_cc5
Level 2

Ok. Thank you !!!