cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e0001209 and e00002f7

madlalan
Level 4

Can someone please help me with these errors i am currently getting them on a windows server 2008 r2, a backups of exchange 2010

Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified opti...

and

Final error: 0xe0001209 - The backup-to-disk folder or the path for staging temporary data on the media server must be on an NTFS volume. Check the job log for details.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-4617
V-79-57344-4617 - The backup-to-disk folder or the path for staging temporary data on the media serv...

8 REPLIES 8

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

First of all ensure backup exec 2010 is on version R3 and ensure using live update all updates like sp2 and other updates are installed and remote agent on exchange node are also on same level as media server.

Please check below link and workaround part

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH128187

Hope that helps

Thanks

madlalan
Level 4
it is on version R3 and it up to date and agents are aso updated. i did try the link before psting and it didnt hel, it doesnt even run it comes up with an error that program may be missing a patch or it updates a different version of the program. when trying to open this on another machine i see that the heading is Symantec backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Server...

madlalan
Level 4

the : 0xe0001209 error is coming up on most of the servers now. does sysmantec have a hotifx because i'm not sure whether it qa conflict on windows updates with backup or not..

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Sameer: how does this arb TN really assist the user??? The error message, and the possible sub-messages don't even come close to the OP's issues!

CraigV

BE 2010 R3 SP2 solved the first issue, but you say that your media server is already up-to-date! Did you push-install these updates out to any remote servers?

Check the link below for error #2:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH125216

Thanks!

madlalan
Level 4

i did push the updates on the agents. 

And i did check that link out and everything and have verified/confirmed that what on the solution is exactly how the servers are configured.  this is a new error and i've checked on forums and everything suggested hasnt helped me.

CraigV

...have you checked the Known Issues section?

That said, looks like you have pretty much covered your bases, and if you have a support contract in place with Symantec, consider opening a case with them.

If/when you get this resolved, post back here and close the query.

Thanks!

madlalan
Level 4

0xe0001212 - The volume that is used for the staging location must be a writable NTFS volume that is local to the Backup Exec server. Also, the volume must not be shared through Distributed File System. See the job log for more details.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-4626

Does this also mean the same thing error 0xe0001209