cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e0008443: - One or more SQL Database consistency checks have failed....

Not applicable
e0008443 - One or more SQL Database consistency checks have failed.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33859

This is the message I get when running my full backup. The link at the end brings me to a "No Documents Matched Your Search" page. Obviously there is a problem with one of the databases but I was wonering what should I do so that I am able to backup my server?

Here's what's in the job log:
Consistency checking EVEREST_DCS704
An unknown or unexpected database error occurred while attempting a DBCC.
DBCC results for 'EVEREST_DCS704'.
6 REPLIES 6

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

As per our understanding of the issue,
From the information provided, it seems that you cannot backup database on the SQL Server and you get the following error message " Final error: 0xa0008443 - One or more SQL Database consistency checks have failed".

The issue you are facing has nothing to do with Backup Exec. The Database Consistency Checker (DBCC) utilities are a collection of programs used to verify integrity of databases. Apart from checking the logical and physical consistency of a database, they check memory usage, check performance statistics and can repair certain database errors. The consistency check that is run is actually a part of the SQL 2000 program and Backup Exec merely triggers the consistency check. Please try running DBCC manually through SQL 2000 and check if it reports some error. Then try running the DBCC within Backup Exec without including the indexes. If the DBCC is successful, try running the Backup Job again with SGMON running in the background.

Note: Start sgmon before starting the Backup Exec/backup/restore operation.

For more information on SQL Consistency Checker Utility please refer the following technote http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/242004.htm

We hope this will help. If the problem still persists please revert back.

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
We hope this information helps, if you have any other questions please respond to the post and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
How this issue resolved? KIndly someone update this concern instead doing another forum.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Optimus,

Looks like the guy was selecting the BEWS DB without using the SQL agent.
As 1 of the other guys suggested, he could get around it by backing up the *.bak file.

Laters!

Symanticus
Level 6
Yes please,

I also would like to know if this matter has been resolved too, this is happens in backing up my SharePoint server 2007 which runs on SQL Server 2008.

Final error: 0xe0008443 - One or more SQL Database consistency checks have failed. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33859

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Albert,

Never heard a response on this one...maybe PM the creator of the forum thread.