cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

Anthony_Lamb_2
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

I have installed a Windows 2003 server into our network to run a database and Network Antivirus software I also want it to back itself up and another server in the dmz. It is a member server in the domain but does not get involved with Active Directory and while I can back up the remote server I am unable to backup its own drives but get the following message:

Error             : e00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967

In the job log I get this:

Job ended: 09 October 2009 at 16:37:31
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967

This a basic Veritas Backup Exec V10 rev 5484 and I have tried using the Domain Admin to run the services and also the Local Admin as well as doing the same with the Backup Job Credentials.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Anthony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
This appears to be an issue with the build you are using. Upgrading to Backup Exec 10d, should fix it. Plesae download and install Backup Exec 10d from following url. It would be a direct upgrade, without requirement of any additional license. Please note that you would also need to push the remote agent software to remote machines being backed up.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/279332

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Is the BERemote service running as Local System or as your BESA?  If it is as BESA, try setting to local system

Anthony_Lamb_2
Level 4
Partner
Hi

It is running as Local System

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
This appears to be an issue with the build you are using. Upgrading to Backup Exec 10d, should fix it. Plesae download and install Backup Exec 10d from following url. It would be a direct upgrade, without requirement of any additional license. Please note that you would also need to push the remote agent software to remote machines being backed up.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/279332

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

Anthony_Lamb_2
Level 4
Partner
Thanks for the help Hemant, upgrading has sorted this.

Cheers,

Anthony

Jonpy
Level 3
Partner
Hi Hermant

I have the same problem with an SBS server.
I've even tried creating a new folder and backing it up, as well as checking all settings are correct.
Can you please confirm I can upgrade to 10d
Backup Exec 10.0 Rev 5484 is installed, I installed SP5 just yesterday to try and resolve this issue.

Thanks

Jonpy