cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email notification problems

Chris_Sykes
Level 3
Partner Accredited
For some reason, Backup Exec will not e-mail me a notification when a job completes, fails, etc.  It has been working for almost 6 months and now all of a sudden it won't e-mail me anymore.  I can send myself a test e-mail from within the program with no problem at all.  I have removed my account and added it back with no luck either.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to resolve this?  Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by Chris Sykes on 11-08-2007 06:13 AM

Message Edited by Chris Sykes on 11-08-2007 06:13 AM
3 REPLIES 3

WStrasser
Not applicable
Partner
We have the same problem on a SBS 2003 with Backup Exec 11d . Please somebody can help us. Yours sincerely

Allen_K
Level 6
Hi,

Please remember that this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum and not technical support. 

Usually customers come to the rescue. Other times, when they are available, a Symantec employee will volunteer his/her time to find and help solve issues just like any other member of the community.

However, in this case, it looks like you might be better off contacting Symantec Support Services for 24/7 access to technical support professionals. You can also try using our Knowledge Base Search.

Hope that helps!

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
Try disabling all the notification options, then reenabling them. This used to be a problem related to whenever the time changed (as it did the other weekend in the UK), and I thought it had been resolved, but maybe not.