cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email notifications set up

uri
Not applicable
hello all you experts,

when i try to configure email notification, or to be more precise, add a recient, i get the following error message right before the program shuts down.

A severe application error has occurred.

Exception: System.AccessViolationException
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Stack Trace: at BackupExec.UI.BEDlgs.ConfigureRecipients()
at BackupExec.UI.MainForm.a5(Command A_0)
at BackupExec.UIFramework.CommandManager.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at BackupExec.UI.MainForm.a(String[] A_0)
at BackupExec.UI.MainForm.b(String[] A_0)

any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

Kevin_Cotreau
Level 6

When you get memory error messages that happen all over the place, in any and every application, that is usually hardware-related like the memory or motherboard. But in your case, since it happens in one location, in one application, it usually means that you have file corruption in that application.

I think you should repair or re-install BE.

Idan
Not applicable
I Tried Repair for few times,
reinstall .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 from Original CD.
uninstall Backup Exec 12.5 Completley and restarting the server.
installing a clean version.
the Database and Jobs very automaticly restored after a clean install
but still the error accoured

A severe application error has occurred.

Exception: System.AccessViolationException
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Stack Trace:     at BackupExec.UI.BEDlgs.ConfigureRecipients()
   at BackupExec.UI.MainForm.ba(Command A_0)
   at BackupExec.UIFramework.CommandManager.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at BackupExec.UI.MainForm.a(String[] A_0)
   at BackupExec.UI.MainForm.b(String[] A_0)

Full Hardware Test Was performed and no error was found in hardware.