cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 0xe000035e - The Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange was not used to create the last full backup of this database

Leo_Young
Level 3

I have a BE2010 R3 running in a production environment.

Yesterday I made a test environment to check If it's Ok to recover from a disaster.

When AD+EX2010 prepared in the test environment, I switched BE to that and did some databases recovery from a latest full backup. 

When I switched BE back to production environment to continue Exchange daily differential backup, Errors occured.

error "0xe000035e - The Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange was not used to create the last full backup of this database. You must use the Exchange Agent to run a full backup before you run a differential or incremental backup"

These errors appeared to those databases I have ever recovered.

How come?

I have looked thruough KBs and seemed no article was suitable for my case.

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Leo_Young
Level 3

Yes, I did.

But none of them is helpful.

I can make backups in production environment. But just after I switched BE to test environment and back to production environment, the backup failed. No policies changed.

Meantime, there were several logs as below in MsExchange Management. 

Cmdlet Failed. Cmdlet Get-PublicFolderDatabase,parameter {Identity=databasename}.

Leo_Young
Level 3

Yes, I did.

But they are not helpful.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...are they in separate domains?

Leo_Young
Level 3

No. Testing AD is a whole system backup image restored from one of  ADs in production environment.

Leo_Young
Level 3

Can someone help me?