cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: 0xe0008516

Max_Terchila
Level 2
I have recently been getting this error message in my backup log after adding the Exchange Backup option:

Final error: 0xe0008516 - Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.
Final error category: System Errors

Here is the message I get on every resource I try to backup:

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

How do I get rid of these errors?
4 REPLIES 4

Aalok_Pathak_2
Level 6
Create separate backup jobs for Exchange selection and normal drive selections Exchange database can not be snapped using Advanced Open File Option. That could be the reason it fails to initialize AOFO for the entire backup job.

Hope, this will resolve the issue.

Max_Terchila
Level 2
I'll have to try this. The only problem I have with this solution is why did it work fine in the past? When I had the evaluation license this scheme was flawless.

Tim_Wiser
Level 3
I have this problem when backing up our Sage Line 100 database. The error code and message are identical. Can anyone suggest what I can try doing? I'd really like to use the open file agent - we bought a licence especially because we wanted to back up the live database.

Not applicable
I have same problem on Small Business Server 2000. It worked fine on 9.6, now broke.