cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: 0xe000ff12. A communications failure has occurred with an Exchange Store resource

Jmeraashli
Level 2

I have Backup exec 2012 revision 1798 installed on windows server 2008 r2. All was good until I installed Symantec Mail security for exchange.

the error Im having in backup exec is:

XXXXX.XXXX.local-Daily Full Backup-Full -- The job failed with the following error: A communications failure has occurred with an Exchange Store resource.

and in the exchange server in the event log I have this:

Exchange VSS Writer (instance ca45bf79-fc07-48d4-9eda-ae4ed28c2485:12) has completed the backup of database 'XXXXDB1' with errors. The backup did not complete successfully, and no log files were truncated for this database.

please advise.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

On the media server, open a command prompt and type: vssadmin list writers.

Any writers not stable and running are in error, and a server restart will normally sort this out. Also make sure that AOFO is turned off for the job.

Thanks!

Jmeraashli
Level 2

Hi Craih thank you for the reply.

all writers are stable and no errors.

AOFO is unchecked.

I used to backup the exchange with success until I installed the symantec mail security for exchange and symantec endpoint protection on exchange server.

my file server and crm crm are running on schedule with success after I followed a this forum and changed the port number that symantec endpoint protection uses.

but in symantec mail security I dont have an option to change ports.

please advise.

thank you

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Turn off SEP on the Exchange server and try the backup again. If it goes through, check to see if SEP isn't perhaps blocking the beremote.exe service.

Thanks!

Jmeraashli
Level 2

Dear Craig unfortunately the same issue happen.

I disabled SEP also VSAPI in symantec mail security.

when I run the backup, I see the below for 3-4 minutes then the backup stops with the error mention above

Bytes: 0              rate: 0.0mb/

thank you