Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1065: the database specified does not exist

Chris_Charles
Level 2
I am using Backupexec 9.1
windows 2003 standard, sp1

I am in the process of restoring a server from backup but I have run into a problem I rebuilt the server (on new hardware) with windows 2003 sp1 Installed Backupexec 9.1 (same as original version) Restored the system state and C:
Restarted and it looks good (after detecting new hardware etc) However backup exec device and media service won’t start The error I get is error 1065: the database specified does not exist As a result a bunch of other backupexec services won’t start, (and I cant restore the “DATA” stored on a second partition)
Note MSSQL$BKUPEXEC service is started and I can connect to it using osql I checked and re-entered the server logon details without success.

how can i get backupexec working again?
1 REPLY 1

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

To resolve this issue, run a repair installation of Backup Exec.
1. Open My Computer and double-click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
3. Highlight VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers from the list of currently installed programs then click the Change button.
4. Click Next on the Welcome window.
5. Under Local Install, select Repair then click Next.
6. Click Install to begin the installation.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.