cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while backing up lotus lotes

BSS
Level 2

Hi all ,

I am getting an error in backup exec while backup up lotus database .

error : e0009406 - Lotus Notes was unable to open a database for backup because the database is being compacted.

backup is totally completed but it fails to backup few files & says " Cannot backup a database while it is being compacted "

Backup starts at morning 9 am (sat) & the compact utility starts at 2 am (sat) on the same day , & the utility takes 4-5 hours to complete, so there is no collision.

I have refered the doc of symentc " http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/272901.htm " --as per resolution , tried both the option :(

using symentec 11d , rev 7170 ,

Please suggest .

3 REPLIES 3

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 Hi 

Please cehck , Not only the Compat utility but if there is another application that has locked up the database for the exclusive access might result in this issue . It can be any third party backup utility , database mantainance job , antivirus scan etc....

Also confirm that you are not using AOFO for any database backup that is in use .

Thanks and Regards
Zaki Khan 

BSS
Level 2
Hi

Thanks for update.

I am using the AOFO option , what will be the impact if i m using this option for database ?

I am using this option for all my backup jobs, but there is no issues with that.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Sometime ago, I had a similar problem.  I was unable to backup a database for a couple of days because BE says that it is being compacted.  It turned out that the database was damaged.  The user only reported after a a few days that he is unable to access his mail.  I got to restore the database to get it working again.

Maybe you can check with the owner of the database whether he/she has problems access his/her mail.