Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event ID 5173 one or more files do not match the primary file of the database

Matt00001
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

I unstalled backup exec 2010 and deleted its SQL instance and now am trying to install 2012 beta 3.   I get the error listed above toward the end of the install.  If I try and manually attach the database in SQL manager I get the same error.  It appears to be an issue with the base .mdf from the iso.   What am I missing?

Thanks

-Matt

3 REPLIES 3

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What you can try is to install SQL seperately with another (different) Instance name and then during the Backup Exec installation select Use Existing SQL option to select the SQL instance which you have created.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Nick_Elmer
Level 6
Employee

Hi Matt,

The SQL error message is saying the the MDF and LDF are not a matching pair.

I read your post above, and I would suggest that you try the gold version of 2012 which I believe is still available for download via the FA program. Not sure how long before it will be available on File Connect. Since you have the Beta, you should be able to email the beta cordinator and get access to the FA if you do not already have it.

When you install clean, make sure that the C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data folder is not present. By default we will load our database files from that directory if you take the selected default SQL Server radio button during the install. If you select your own instance, then we will load the database files from your SQL Servers default database file location.

Hope this helps,
Nick

Matt00001
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

The problem seems to be that I did not manually remove the database files (I dropped the database, but did not remove the files).   This time I dropped the database, deleted all the registry keys, then deleted all the files in the program files directory and then deleted the .mdf and ldf files.

All worked after that.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.