cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

every time i run a backup job , it will be queued few mins later will change to Snapshot processing

Ben_He
Level 3

Hello ,

please help as it always queued . i don't know that happend , thank you !

19 REPLIES 19

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This is normal.  The job needs to take a snapshot of the resource before it can back it up.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Ben: does it only do this once? In which case pkh's comment stands. Or does it move between snapshot processing and Queued, in which case you have an issue.

Thanks!

Ben_He
Level 3

it will take long times ? as i haven't face this problem before thanks.

CraigV

It depends on what you're backing up to be honest. Exchange snapshots don't take long, but snapshots of multiple files would take longer.

If the job starts, then fine. if not, start by restarting the media server. If this doesn't fix it, you need to open up the job and see where it is stalling during the snapshot process. Maybe move that lower down the priority list and run the backup again.

Thanks!

Ben_He
Level 3

Hi Creaig ,

there are many scheduled jobs , but i have tried every job , it always show queued . cannot start backup . as i haven't seen snapshot processing before , so i thought that is a issue, and i canceled it , should i wait for its finished ?thanks.

CraigV

If it doesn't start any of the jobs, then you have a problem. Start with a restart of the media server.

Also make sure that you are fully patched, and that these patches have been push-installed to your remote servers. You should also ensure that the option to automatically select the snapshot technology is selected in the AOFO section (and that AOFO is actually turned on!).

Thanks!

Ben_He
Level 3

how i can update patch ? i get into liveupdated ,but it said there are no products on this computer that can be updated by liveupdate . and i have check on website , download some patches but i don't know what kind of it , i can not just double click to install , thanks.

CraigV

Which version of BE 2010 are you using? BE 2010 R3? If not, you might want to upgrade to this with the latest service pack and patches, as BE 2010 R3 fixed a number of issues with the previous 2 versions.
Thanks!

Ben_He
Level 3

Hi : just 2010 ? 13.0 Capture.PNG

CraigV

Download BE 2010 R3 off the link below. Before upgrading, grab copies of the Data/Catalogs folders. Upgrade, patch with the latest service pack (SP4) and then push-install the updates to your remote servers, and try the backup again.

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

Ben_He
Level 3

Hi , is 2010 upgrade to 2010r3 for free ? will it change some seeting of backup policy ? thanks .

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. Your existing license loveless will work. There'll will be no change to your jobs/policies

CraigV

Hi Ben,

yes is it, and you can use your current licenses...just grab manual copies of the Data/Catalogs folders before doing anything...

Ben_He
Level 3

Hi ,

i just completed upgrade to 2010 R3 , and have updated full patch , now , i started a scheduled job test , its job status keep "running "

should i wait for it ? and how long will it take ?thanks , anyway , it is the latest version !

Ben_He
Level 3

oh , i canceled it , and start a scheduled job , the same problem : queued then snapshot processing , i have remove all tape except one .  anyone can help ?1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Nobody can tell you how long your job will run.  It depends on the amount of data, processing speed, etc.  Take a look at the byte count if it is going up then there is nothing wrong with the job.

Ben_He
Level 3

it is keep snapshot processing because this tape is new one , right ?

Ben_He
Level 3

it is change to Queued again ```

CraigV

...I have no idea why I didn't pick up on this, or if you have resolved it.

Does the backup actually begin?

If not, stop the backup, and then open a command prompt on the server that it queues on before typing: vssadmin list writers. Make sure they are all stable and running. If not, a restart of the server normalises them.

Thanks!