cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exchange 2003 sbs backup problem

golan_atia
Level 3
hello
i am trying to backup my exchange 2003 sbs server and i am getting error message please assist me
first error:
Backup- VENUS
V-79-57344-34110 - Note: Resource: "Microsoft Information Store" is not snappable. Attempting to bac...

second error:
Backup- \\VENUS\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
V-79-57344-65146 - An error occurred while accessing Microsoft Exchange Server. Check the applicatio...

third error:
WARNING: "\\VENUS\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (VENUS)" is a corrup...
This file cannot verify.

how can io solve the issues
just to expaion ,my maintance /subscription expired at december 21 2009

thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You need to exclude the Exchange Database files from your flat-file backup and get that data using the Exchange Agent.

that is,  select the Exchange icons as well as the drive icons

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

I would recomend to Backup only the Exchange IS in a seperate job without AOFO, as Snapshot based backups are not recomended on databases like exchange, sql...etc.

For test purpose only:
Run a separate job on Exchange IS only without selecting AOFO and check.

golan_atia
Level 3
WARNING: "\\VENUS\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (VENUS)" is a corrup...
This file cannot verify.

i removed the AFO but the error message i am getting is that

thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Make sure that AOFO is taken off the job itself, and in Tools --> Options. Ken is quite right there.
If you need to backup your data in 1 shot, that is the only way around it.
However Dev T has a good suggestion on breaking your data up with the IS running separately.
If you don't know how too, read up on this article for help...I have done it on 2 sites already with good results.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/backing-databases-and-files-same-tape-separate-jobs-using-backup-exec