cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exchange backup error

Lucibergh
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I'm using backup exec 11 and am having problems with backup of exchange, already erased and created the job, I changed the account to access the server, reinstalled the agent, already monitors the service on the server and always start this still error occurs.

following log message:

Backup- servidor.com.brV-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine servidor.com.br.

The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.

Unable to attach to \\servidor.com.br\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.

V-79-57344-33899 - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.

Note: Click 'Edit Selection List...' to display the View Selection Details tab of the job's selection list. Select the entry with the server that no longer exists and click Delete to remove it.Edit Selection List...
Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.

Unexpected end of backup set encountered on SERVIDOR_EXCHANGE_INC_DAY.

V-79-57344-34004 - End of data set was unexpectedly encountered.

Unable to attach to \\servidor.com.br\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders.

V-79-57344-33899 - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.

Note: Click 'Edit Selection List...' to display the View Selection Details tab of the job's selection list. Select the entry with the server that no longer exists and click Delete to remove it.Edit Selection List...
Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.

Unexpected end of backup set encountered on SERVIDOR_EXCHANGE_INC_DAY.

V-79-57344-34004 - End of data set was unexpectedly encountered.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
 Have you tried publishing to the IP address of your backup server instead of the name? 
Have you tried pushing the agent out from the Backup Exec server? Most of the time, when upgrading a service pack for BE for example, RAWS is patched, and these patches need to get installed on your remote servers.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Riyaj_S
Employee Accredited Certified
Are you backing up to Data Domain ?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/324167

Lucibergh
Level 3
Partner Accredited
yes, I am backing up the Exchange server that is in the same domain.

Lucibergh
Level 3
Partner Accredited
i accessed the site indicated (http://support.veritas.com/docs/324167) did not understand the solution to the problem...

"To resolve the issue, contact Data Domain at 877-207-3282 to upgrade the Data Domain OS to version 4.6.1.3 or later."

Meaning?

thanks!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
 Have you tried publishing to the IP address of your backup server instead of the name? 
Have you tried pushing the agent out from the Backup Exec server? Most of the time, when upgrading a service pack for BE for example, RAWS is patched, and these patches need to get installed on your remote servers.

Lucibergh
Level 3
Partner Accredited
No, do not configure this option ... actually not able to run because of error "Unable to obtain settings for the remote agent publishing from the registry" ... I tried to find a little more the site:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/324167.htm

Linnen recommended to change the security within the record (exchange server). but now trouble posting ....

Now this ok.

Thank you all!