cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.exe-Dateien werden nicht mitgesichert

Grunwald_12
Level 3

Hallo,

wir setzen bei einem Kunden Backup Exec 2010 ein (auf MS Small Business Server 2008 Basis, engl.). Mein Kollege vor Ort berichtet mir nun, das bei einer Vollsicherung einige der .exe-Dateien nicht mitgesichert wurden, so z. B. solche, die Dienste starten. Wenn ich mir nun die Log-Dateien ansehe, dann sehe ich bei den Exceptions alle möglichen Einträge (z. B. Backup der Transaction-Logs von Sharepoint fehlgeschlagen), aber nicht die besagten .exe-Dateien.

Auf dem Server läuft auch eine Desaster Recovery-Option. Der Kollege fragt nun zu Recht, wie zuverlassig eine Server-Wiederherstellung ist, wenn wichtige Dateien nicht mitgesichert werden. Ich weiß nun nicht, wo ich zuerst ansetzen soll und bin daher für Hinweise dankbar.

Gruß

Grunwald_12

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tech29
Level 6

Yes, this is a normal behaviour.  You may safely ignore this error as we do not need these .exe files during the disaster recovery. These files are just the executable files which can be easily recovered after reinstalling the application.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

tech29

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you want to backup Sharepoint, you got to purchase a licence for the Sharepoint option, install the licence and then install the Sharepoint agent.

Grunwald_12
Level 3

Hello,

no, it was only an example. My problem is, that some .exe-Files (from OS or other programs) are not stored on the tape, but I do not know the reason why. Although it it is a full-backup-job, I am missing a lot of .exe-Files, when I try to recovery.

tech29
Level 6

Hi,

are those .exe files in use when you are backing up those files? try to backup a .exe file which is not in use during the backup and see it it gets backed up or not.

You may try taking a snapshot backup which backs up the files which are open during the backup.

Regards,

tech29

Grunwald_12
Level 3

Hello,

I have spoken with my collegue. He had make some file-backups (a manually-job). As shown in the Harcopys he try to backup some .exe-files. But only 3 files are backuped (in McAfee\VirusScan enterprise\x64), the others are missing. It seems, that the files are in use (they appears in the task-manager from windows). Is this behavior normal? The Option: Use advanced open file option is selected.

Grunwald_12
Level 3

And now with the Log-File from this job.

tech29
Level 6

Yes, this is a normal behaviour.  You may safely ignore this error as we do not need these .exe files during the disaster recovery. These files are just the executable files which can be easily recovered after reinstalling the application.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

tech29

Grunwald_12
Level 3

Hello tech29,

ok, I will talk with my collegue, to consider this information for his desaster-recovery-plan.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Grunwald_12

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Just for info Active File Exclusion (in Backup Exec) can apply when components in the file system have been registered as being part of the System State. When this happens the files will not be included in  a file system backup but instead will be in your System State backup.

When this happens it is by design - however for your piece of mind it is worth you either doing a complete DR test (rather than a looking at the file system restore selections) You could also try a redirected restore of the System State to a test folder and then have a look at what files are actually recoverd into this folder.

Note: As an example some EXE files in the MSSQL folder structures are excluded from file system backups but are present in the System State backup.