Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faild to save data with backup exec 12.5

zakaria
Level 3
hi everyone,
and sorry for my english,

I have a problem with saving data with backup exec 12.5 , it gives me an error, wich is : " Erreur : e0009418 - Access to the device was not authorized with this edition of Backup exec. "
Then when i developp the knowledge base for support i find that i have to enter the licence key, but the problem is
when i click on " Install options and licence keys on this media server " i have nothing launched.
Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

tech29
Level 6
Hi There,

Check if any new window has opened in the background. If not, they restart all the backup exec services once and try one more time.

Regards,
tech29

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The other way to get to the sanme screen is via Control Panel Add Remove Programs and then Modify/Change the BackuP Exec install - so worth trying that too

zakaria
Level 3
Thank you,
There is no windows opened in the background and when i restarted the Backup exec services it gives me an error wich is : " The communication with Backup exec services is interrupted " but i see that all the services is started in the services console.
Is this have a relation with my first problem ?

tech29
Level 6

do you see all the Backup Exec services started if you look under windows services?

Regards,
tech29

zakaria
Level 3
Yes all the services are started , but i always have the problem with saving data , i think that if i will have the possibility to re enter the licence code the problem will be resolve.

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I think i have seen this issue before. Please try the below steps.

Unninstall the .net framework from add remove programs
reboot the server and install the 3.5 sp2 .net framework.
Reboot the server again.
Try to launch the BE now.

zakaria
Level 3
I have the . net framework 2.0 sp 1 installed on the server, i asked if i can install the .net framework 3.5 sp1 on the place of .net 3.5 sp2 because it's already available.

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Please uninstall all the .net framework reboot the machine and install the 3.5 sp2 and reboot again

zakaria
Level 3
I installed net frame wok 3.5 sp1 because i did not found sp2, andi it's not working when i want to launch " Install options and licence keys on this media server " to try the solution proposed in the knowledge base , but if there is another solution to the problem of saving data from another server, i'm waiting for it.