cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

files IMGxxxxxx

sistemas01
Level 2

Hi,

I'm using BE 2010 R2 v13.0 rev 4164 (64bits), and doing B2D.

On the disk where I do backup I find files .bkf and some folders called IMGxxxxxx. But I have less folders than files .bkf.
So, my questions are these:

1. What are the folders IMGxxxxxx? what is the information inside them?

2. Can I delete then to save space, without after get a problem with the backup? (if I'd have to do a restore, for example).

3. If the answer to question 2 is "yes", how could I avoid the creation of these folders IMGxxxxxx?

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ArulPrasad
Level 6
Employee

The GRT data will be written to the IMG folder and the non-GRT data will be written to the backup-to-disk file. This practice will create two different media types in one B2D device; an IMG folder type and a backup-to-disk file type

So the IMG Folder Contain the Metadata and the Raw data info (Depends on what You backup using GRT , i.e Exchange, Sharepoint, Vmware, Active Directory)

The IMG folders are Part of the Backup to disk folder and Will get Space reclaimed automatically according Your Media set and Job Properties.

Ref Article For How to reclaim Disk space with IMG folders:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50329

Regards

APR

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Those folders are there if you do a GRT backup, so don't just delete them. It will cause issues within BE. Rather see if you can delete them within BE, or expire the data in them which returns them to scratch media.

Thanks!

ArulPrasad
Level 6
Employee

The GRT data will be written to the IMG folder and the non-GRT data will be written to the backup-to-disk file. This practice will create two different media types in one B2D device; an IMG folder type and a backup-to-disk file type

So the IMG Folder Contain the Metadata and the Raw data info (Depends on what You backup using GRT , i.e Exchange, Sharepoint, Vmware, Active Directory)

The IMG folders are Part of the Backup to disk folder and Will get Space reclaimed automatically according Your Media set and Job Properties.

Ref Article For How to reclaim Disk space with IMG folders:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH50329

Regards

APR