cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

folder structures

mjcymru
Level 4
Is there a way, when restoring, with backup exec 9.1 to restore a set of folders and not retain the whole folder struture? i.e . pick the folder you want restored, re-direct to a different path, but not get all the folders above it restored at the same time?

thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Yes, this is possible...

Uncheck the Preserve Tree option:

Select this check box to restore the data with its original directory structure intact. This option is enabled by default. If you clear this option, all data (including the data in subdirectories) is restored to the path you specify in the Redirection dialog box.

Clearing the Preserve Tree option is useful when restoring several subdirectories or individual files from media, but it should not be cleared when restoring an entire drive.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/299496
General options for restore jobs

mjcymru
Level 4
hi, thanks for the reply!

i dont think ive explained myself properly though, what i want to do is restore a set of files/folders and keep the folder level below a certain level and not inherit the folders above it, if that makes sense?

Thanks

Lively
Level 5

Not that I have seen. 

Preserve tree will dump all files restored into one folder.  From past experience, I don't know if I will ever use that option again.