Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

geeting this error while taking the backup of sqlserver its urgent

roh234
Level 5
Partner Accredited

hi all

i have created one backup exec server in work group enivroment from that backup server i am taking the backup of sql server,i have created the  seperate user for installaing the backupexec on media server and createdthe sameuser on my sql server with the same password,i have tested the creditional and it is succeful

i have  pushed the agent for window to my sql server when i am doing theremote installtion it is only shoing my agent for window and backup exec,but when i was instlling the  backup exec media server and entered my licence key it is showing me 3 things

agent for window

agent for application and db

backup exec server whichi have  checked for installtion

now whe i am doing the remote installation y i am not geeting the option of application and database so i have selected the agent for window and installed them created backup job for my sql

but i gotthis error

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 6:35:45 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000ff19 - A communications failure has occurred with a SQL Server resource.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65305

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- Vishnu
V-79-57344-65305 - The database server is not responding. Backup set canceled. V-79-57344-65305 - The database server is not responding. Backup set canceled.

Exceptions
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log

Backup- Vishnu
V-79-57344-893 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "Vishnu\MSSQLSERVER". Snapshot tech... Snapshot technology error (0xE000037D): An attempt to connect to SQL Server has failed. The logon ac... Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Backup- Vishnu
V-79-57344-893 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "Vishnu\MSSQLSERVER". Snapshot tech... Snapshot technology error (0xE000037D): An attempt to connect to SQL Server has failed. The logon ac... Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

kindly help me to solve this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

First make sure AOFO is unchecked for database backups.

Make sure credentials are right for the account and setup as per previous thread.

Check the event viewer on SQL and check if there are any error.Check this article if that matches your issue

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH124776

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

sksujeet
Level 6

Which version of SQL:

Make sure under sql studio management on SQL server ->security-> logins add backupexec user account in there & give it server admin, sysadmin, dbcreator.

Also

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH125780

roh234
Level 5
Partner Accredited

hi thanks for responding

its sql 2008,

might be it is the solution of 2nd error what aboutfirst

sksujeet
Level 6

First make sure AOFO is unchecked for database backups.

Make sure credentials are right for the account and setup as per previous thread.

Check the event viewer on SQL and check if there are any error.Check this article if that matches your issue

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH124776

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Why are you installing the BE media server in a workgroup?  This will present a problem with it comes to permissions because BE is designed to work in  a domain.

roh234
Level 5
Partner Accredited

hi pkh

i dont have option of AD,my client is not ready to connect the server with the domin,

i have test creditional it ispassed but i got the erorwhile running job.

now i have tp soolve this and use the software in workgroup enviroment

kindly suggestthe solutiona and one more thing is installed the right agent ,agent for window is coming i have installed that

sksujeet
Level 6

Are you getting error only while backing up sql?

Have you tried backing up just the local drives, does it work?

Have you already checked the event viewer?Any error message or anything?

Under what account your BE services running?

roh234
Level 5
Partner Accredited

i am backing up the drive in which my mdf and ldf files are there and system state and thes are the local drive,i have not checked the event viewer ,my be services are running with the seperate userwho has admin permisstion,

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does the account that you are using in backup exec for this backup have enough credentials on the drives that have the mdf and ldf files (NTFS permissions).

Also, try to disable AOFO on the backup job and then try a backup.