cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get error when i add license

Felix89
Level 2

The backup fail about 1 years ago, after i check everything, there are no license in this backup exec. So i ask user provide me the license info then i and add into it but got error. The server using symc backup exec 2010 r3, license they purchase was symc backup exec 15 license.  When i try to add this license to the backup exec, it show error "error is 2120028". Isit the software and the license have compatibility issue ? Please give me some advice to fix this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

This is impossible to do. No way to take an *.slf file (introduced from BE 2012 and up) and add that into BE 2010 R3 which was licensed via a key.

You need to contact the licensing department and ask them to either downgrade your license to BE 2010 R3, or you're probably going to be told to upgrade to BE 15. BE 2010 R3 is over 5 years old now with limited support and won't support newer OS and applications at all, not to mention hardware.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

This is impossible to do. No way to take an *.slf file (introduced from BE 2012 and up) and add that into BE 2010 R3 which was licensed via a key.

You need to contact the licensing department and ask them to either downgrade your license to BE 2010 R3, or you're probably going to be told to upgrade to BE 15. BE 2010 R3 is over 5 years old now with limited support and won't support newer OS and applications at all, not to mention hardware.

Thanks!

Felix89
Level 2

Thank you so much for your info.