cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change "device and media location" on managed media server?

aft3rgl0w
Level 4

Hello

im have currently installed backup exec 2010 on 3 win 2008 servers, 1 acting as the central administration server.
although during installation im fairly sure i set on both managed media servers that the device and media location should be on the media server itself and not the central administration server since im not interested on job delegation etc and we have a low bandwidth on our WAN. on 1 of the servers the device and media information appears to be on the central administration server.i see that from the central administration server media servers - properties-advanced of that specific managed media server and it says that device and media location is the central administration server.
is it possible to change this now or do i have to uninstall/install again?

p.s this is the second time i install backup exec on this media server only because the first time i selected that the device and media location would be the central administration server but then i realised the mistake and uninstalled/installed again and selected that the location would be on the managed media server itself. still the it appears as i described in the first paragraph.maybe the uninstallation was not succesfull and this was caused?there maybe some information held somewhere that was not deleted on uninstall?
any help?
thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
It will be simple :
Try this :
http://support.veritas.com/docs/306869

aft3rgl0w
Level 4

thanks for replying.
it appears though that if i do the  "Moving device and media data to a managed media server" described there it will move all the media sets etc of CASO to the specified managed media server whereas i dont want this to happen. i want to only move the managed media server's media set from CASO to the managed media server.so i have to say i dont really want to mess with this unless im 100% sure.i ve read the manual of beutility and nothing more is mentioned there other than your link content.
maybe u have any more on this??
thanks!