the situation is:
- tape library with 3 partition (daily, weekly, monthly)
- partition daily have 5 slots, weekly 1 lost, monthly 1 slot
- current running backup "daily" on slot 5 and full then status is "queued"
- submitted to erase tape daily on slot 1, and got "ready, no idle devices are available"
- change current backup status to hold schedule, and erase tape still not work
any advice how to erase the tape o able continue backup process?
Solved! Go to Solution.
i have set 5 tapes for daily backup cycle. assuming daily backup day-1 use 2 tapes (slot 1 & 2), day-2 use 2 tapes (slot 3 &4). therefore i asuming day-3 will also use 2 tapes on slot-5 then use slot-1 again. when backup job running and tape slot-5 is full, it will try to use tape on slot-1 which already full. so what i need to do is to erase tape on slot-1 so the backup can continue when the tape is erased.
the problem is when erase job submitted, got the above mention error. i understand must prepare the blank tape prior to the backup jobs running. in case data increase a lot and this situation happen, how to achive that goal without cancel the backup job?