cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to identify what tapes a backup set is spanning?

progger
Not applicable

Hi, I have recently taken over a system that backs-up using BE to a tape drive with 21 tapes. I have some new tapes in the drive labled as scratch media but the jobs are on hold asking for new media and not using the scratch media. I want to know what tapes each job is set to use as I have a feeling the the jobs have grown to a point where I will need to allocate more tapes per a job.

If this question appears simple then please answer it as reading symantecs support articles is a bit like a blunt pencil

TIA

Progger

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

I have some new tapes in the drive labled as scratch media but the jobs are on hold asking for new media

Not sure what you mean by "labeled as scratch"  After labeling the tape, BackupExec will place it in the scratch media set.  Leave it there and let BE move it to the production medai set when needed.  if you manually move it, the volume will take on the properties of the media set as of the move, including the OPP

Before the job starts, if you inventory or scan those "new" tapes, they should show up in blue  (overwriteable) not black (protected)

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you want to know which tapes are used by a job, look at the joblog.