cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to keep multiple backups in backup folder

gkeramidas
Level 4
Partner
when i used be 9, i could save multiple full backups in my backup to disk folder. i can't seem to get this figured out in 12.5. i have my job set not to overwrite any jobs, but the previous week's backup is always destroyed when the new backup is run.

what do i need to do to save multiple backups? and yes, i have plenty of disk space.
6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In the Devices tab, right-click on the B2D folder in question and increase the Maximum number of backup sets per backup-to-disk file.

gkeramidas
Level 4
Partner
don't see that option.
on the devices tab, i right click the folder and choose properties, on the general tab i see:
maximum size for backup to disk files
allow 6 concurrent jobs for this backup to disk folder.

on the advanced tab, i see:
low disk space threshold
auto detect settings.

do not see maximum number of backup sets per backup to disk file.

if i go through the menu, tools/optionsbackup-to-diskf folder, i see the option and it's set to 100 for the application defaults.

so, i deleted my folder and created a new one and the option is there now. have no idea why it was missing.

thanks, we'll see if it works now.

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

1  : You can targer all the jobs on a single B2D folder.
2  : Make sure that the MEDIA SET used in all the jobs is same.
3  : Make sure that the Media set properties are set as follows
      Append Period : Infinite allow Append
      Overwrite Protection Period : Infinite allow overwrite

These settings will not overwrite previous backups.

hope this helps....

pkh
   VIP    Certified
> Overwrite Protection Period : Infinite allow overwrite

>
These settings will not overwrite previous backups

???  Am I missing something here?

Dev_T
Level 6
i have my job set not to overwrite any jobs, but the previous week's backup is always destroyed when the new backup is run.

Thats the reason OPP=Infinite

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
from Options\Media Management is the Global overwrite set to either FULL or partial? Also, make sure that the option to use "Overwriteable media in the target media set before scratch medai" is selected. 

As the others have said, set the OPP of the media set to meet your requirements.   If you want to keep daily info for a week, and reuse the BKF files the same day next week, set your job's media set  to OPP of  6 days, and