Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make backup on a remote LT0

mnassar
Level 4

Hi 

in my case LT0 attatched with DC and i installed a backup exec 2012 on aDC

and need to manage and administarte a backup exec from another server except a DC so i installed a backup exec on adiffrent server

now in need to make a backup fromthis diffrent backup exec server and saved it on remote LT0 

i am tried to access a tap devise from a remote server but iam faild 

please advise 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

It would work with SAN SSO, but not a SAS/SCSI tape drive/library.

In your case, I'd recommend loading a full version of BE 2012 on the server with the LTO tape drive. If the other servers are on a local site, then simply push-install the Remote Agent for Windows Servers to them and configure backups.

If the other servers are on remote sites, then you can consider backing up to disk on them, and using the Enterprise Server Option, duplicate those backups to the main media server using CASO, and then back them up to tape.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

It would work with SAN SSO, but not a SAS/SCSI tape drive/library.

In your case, I'd recommend loading a full version of BE 2012 on the server with the LTO tape drive. If the other servers are on a local site, then simply push-install the Remote Agent for Windows Servers to them and configure backups.

If the other servers are on remote sites, then you can consider backing up to disk on them, and using the Enterprise Server Option, duplicate those backups to the main media server using CASO, and then back them up to tape.

Thanks!