cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to migrate jobs and policies from BE2010 R2 to BE 2014

Gil_Ra-im
Level 3

We're planning to upgrade BE 2010 to BE 2014 version but before doing it I need to know how to migrate the backup jobs and policies. I also thinking of recreating it but it's time consuming as I have lots of jobs and policies settings from BE 2010.  Looking forward  for KB's or any suggestion on how I can do it. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you do an in-place upgrade, all the jobs and policies settings would be automatically converted.  Just run the BE 2014 installation DVD on the media server.  Do not uninstall BE 2010 before the upgrade.

Are you aware that BE 15 is out?  You should be planning to upgrade to this release rather than BE 2014.  Your BE 2014 and BE 2010 licence keys will not work with BE 15.  You would need a new set of licence keys.  The upgrade is free if you are on a current maintenance contract.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you do an in-place upgrade, all the jobs and policies settings would be automatically converted.  Just run the BE 2014 installation DVD on the media server.  Do not uninstall BE 2010 before the upgrade.

Are you aware that BE 15 is out?  You should be planning to upgrade to this release rather than BE 2014.  Your BE 2014 and BE 2010 licence keys will not work with BE 15.  You would need a new set of licence keys.  The upgrade is free if you are on a current maintenance contract.

Gil_Ra-im
Level 3

Thanks pkh! sounds easy to upgrade.  Yes. I am aware of BE 2015 but I've read from other forums that this version still having issues.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Before upgrading do make a copy of Data and Catalogs folder located in the BE installation

directory. In case of disaster you can use Data and Catalogs folder to recover BE.

Once upgrdae is done run live update to install all the latest patches and then push updates

on the remote agents too.

Gil_Ra-im
Level 3

Thanks AmolB. I'm trying now to download the backup exec 2014 installation files from the FileConnect web site but it says the download files was 2015. Can you give me the right link so I can download the BE 2014 installation files? Thanks.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You have upgraded your licences to BE 15 and hence you only see BE 15 on Fileconnect. If you want BE 2014 then you need to speak to the Symantec Licencing department

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

With BE2014 serial number you should be able to download BE2014 binaries from the Fileconnect site.

The Serial Number usually begins with an alphabet and can be obtained from the purchase documentation or by contacting the Licensing Department.

Refer to https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH218012.html