cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove a managed BE server from Central Admin Server

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

how to properly remove a managed BE server from Central Admin Server ?

Backup Exec 2012 SP3 - ESO

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...then I'd suggest opening a call with Symantec to get this edited out of the BEDB.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You have already post this problem in 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/removing-managed-backup-exec-server-2012-cas

DON'T post the same problem multiple times. You should also realise that this is a weekend and not many people are monitoring the forum.  If you need urgent help, then open a support case with Symantec.

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Sorry  ,  but this one is different .

i want to know what is the best way to remove a MMS , other post is about Force Removing MMS.

CraigV

...I used to have to manually remove MMS servers from my CASO I used to look after by editing the registry. Will find the details and post back in the morning.

Thanks!

CraigV

Hi,

You can try the steps below to edit the CASO from the MMS's registry. Be aware that if you have delegated jobs from the CASO to the MMS (meaning you've probably centralised your catalogs) you're most likely looking at recreating your jobs! Whatever you do, grab a copy of the registry before doing anything:

* regedit.exe --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> Symantec --> Backup Exec

* Look for a key called Database Server.

* Change the server name in there from your CASO to the MMS.

* Restart the MMS services thereafter.

Thanks!

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

i think its going to remove CASO server from MMS , i want to remove MMS From CASO Server List.

CraigV

Yes it will, and no you can't. It's not simply a case of "hiding" the MMS from the CASO. It's either managed and shows up, or removed and it won't show up. There is unfortunately no inbetween.

Thanks!

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

im still stuck with a dead MMS in my CASO Servers list.

CraigV

...then I'd suggest opening a call with Symantec to get this edited out of the BEDB.

Thanks!