cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to take the backup of configuration of backup exec server

roh234
Level 5
Partner Accredited

how will i am able to restore my data if my backup server got crashed but my  data is safe on storage..is i need to create the same job first then i will be able to restart, if i install the console on other server also (ONLY BACKUP EXEC CONSOLE) is there any way i can sync my confiuration with in 2 console,

do i require licence to install one more console,

what should be DR plan for backup exec server. 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

DATA folder within the BE installatioon directory will have the configuration details and CATALOGS folder within the same directory will have catalogs.

If you have a copy of these two folders you can get the existing configuration on newly installed backup exec media server.

EDIT: From remote administration console you can just admnister BE software, if BE services are running on media server. If BE server itself crashes, no use with administration console. 

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you ever need to re-install BE, then these are the steps

- Install same version of BE on the new server

- Stop the BE services including the SQL instance

- Replace the Data & Catalog folders from the previously copied ones

- Restart the services

AmolB

In case of a disaster you will have to install Backup Exec and then inventory and catalog media

which has the latest backup of the DATA and CATALOGS folder. Everyday BE runs a database 

maintenace and creates a backup of the database in the form of BEDB.bak file. 

You need to replace new BEDB.bak with the older version and the using BEutility you can import 

the Backup exec database. Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH65053.

roh234
Level 5
Partner Accredited

What is the possiblity of sync the configuration between 2 console.

AmolB

Thers is no such feature.

roh234
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

as per your instruction i have replace the backup exec DATA  folder but now my service stops working i am geeting 1068 error sql service is started but the backup exec jobs engine service is not able to restart.

Regards

Rohit Kumar

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Rohit,

Did you change the name of the server at all? If not, simply copying the Data/Catalogs folders back would allow you to bring the server online again.

If you did change the name, check the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67768

Thanks!

roh234
Level 5
Partner Accredited

NO i just del the data and catalog folder and then copy the older one and then after that i got this error

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...from a previous version of BE perhaps?

You can try opening up a command prompt and going through to your installation directory. Type: bemig.exe and let it run. Once done, open up BEutility and run a database repair and post back...